Sunday 24 June 2012

Summer is...

Well, we are finally having a wonderful weekend, as far as our weather goes, so we can finally venture to our camp.  I imagine we are over run by weeds, wild flowers, goose yukky, and hopefully not fallen trees and not too many branches.  My teenager wants to hang out with her friend, so that delays our departing somewhat, but we will get there at some point this afternoon.  I know I can expect that I will be working up a sweat as my other two splash and have fun in the water.  Every year I instruct them that our first trip to camp is about cleaning up and prepping for our summer time out there, and every year they end up in the lake before tackling any chores that are required.  I am not really angry about it as soon as I realize they are in the lake, I hear them laughing and splashing and getting along, and that is what it's all about.  Fun, fun, fun...
I was going thru my pictures of years past and decided to make a collage of all things summer for us, it brought back so many memories, and fun times, good weather and bad, we have done so many things, we truly are blessed.  It really brings a smile to my face!
I could have added so many more pics, choosing was tough, but you get the idea.  Most of the pics are from our camping spot.  We spend most of our time there in the summer.  We save up our holidays and spend as much time there as possible.  As simple as life is out there, with no hydro or real running water, we don't seem to suffer at all.  I ask the kids every year if they could live there and as they pause before they give me their answer is usually ends up as a "no".  They still want TV, computer and telephone.  Even though they have just had two months of practically none of that (except when we go home to do laundry and replenish the groceries) they insist they need to have it.  Luxuries like that are nice to have and I am thankful we can have those things, it is nice to see we really don't need those things to survive.   I also did up my own version of a word collage, as I have seen so many on line that I felt I should do one too, lol...
I will say that I love Picasa and play around making collages of photos and words all the time.  So creating these for summer was just fun to do.  I am sooo looking forward to the drive to camp today, I am not exactly excited to work up a sweat cutting the lawn weeds out there or all the work that needs to be done to open up, but the results after are heart warming, and worth it.  Everyone that ventures to our "Happy Place" can see why I call it that, and friends and family are always welcome, the sauna is fired up and ready, the lake is literally a hop, skip and a jump away, and we are almost always there during the summer months.  Wouldn't want it any other way.
Any special moments for you, any special places you like to be in the summer?  I would love to hear your stories, honestly I would.  My favourite season is the fall, but my most memorable times are during the summer.  Have fun everyone, play safe, use sunscreen (I fry if I don't)and smile, life is too short not to appreciate what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment