Tuesday 5 June 2012

50 Shades of Grey...oh my

Well, I'm not sure how the days manage to fly by and I don't get anything accomplished.  I did not tackle my sewing projects like I intended, but did manage to get one thing finished, finally.  Back in March during my kids Spring Break I redo/refresh my girls room, this year, I actually split them up and they each have their own room now.  My youngest daughter needed a new duvet cover.  We had selected one from Ikea, but sadly we don't live near an Ikea, and I am too cheap to order and pay shipping.  I thought maybe we would travel near an Ikea, but sadly that did not happen.  Ikea just happens to be one of my favourite places to visit, so probably a good thing we never made it there...so that led to my decision to make a duvet cover for her.  It only took me, almost, 3 months!  So here is the finished product, she has a passion for purple;
I still have a few things to add but it is so much closer to the finish line now.  Whew!!

Now back to the title of this post.  Really?  I have been wanting another book to read for quite some time.  I used to read way back before children, but time just isn't in my favour most of the time any more.  Occasionally I do pick up a book, and I have a few waiting to be opened and started, but when my girlfriends began reading Fifty Shades of Grey, that's all they could talk about.  Well, I should read it too of course.  Hmmm, well that is the explanation to my lack of getting things accomplished around the house.  Yikes!  Now I didn't really know what it was about when I began reading, I figured on some of the content, but not all...
Now I will admit that I find this a great read.  You can't help but get caught up in the book, hours pass, nothing has been done in the house... it goes on 1:30 am and the alarm is set for 6:30....yes...it has consumed me, OK there I said it, and today, all I could think of was Christian Grey, honestly??  I went through the whole Edward / Jacob thing with the Twilight Series, and now onto Christian Grey?  I'm only human, don't judge me...please  :) Two days and I need the second book already.  It is a trilogy if you haven't heard anything of this book, you can click on the links and check it out.  Without the other books, I may just get some stuff done around here, fingers crossed.  Hubby returns tomorrow from his annual fishing derby, so hoping for some fresh pickerel for dinner.  The sun is shining here and I'm loving my coffee on the deck in the mornings, kids are crazy busy now that June is here, Three-pitch, track and field, class field trips, annual school BBQ.  School will be done at the end of June and relaxation can begin.  Ugh, I have flowers in my van for the school, I guess tomorrow I should plant those.  Oh and my parents return soon from their vacation abroad, I can't wait to see all their pictures, I may need to make a pot of tea for us to sip and chat about all their adventures.
Has anyone else read the book, or the trilogy?  Thoughts?  Any other books of interest?
Chat soon, thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment