Thursday 19 July 2012

Hometown visit

The family is heading to my hometown for a little trip to relax, do some fishing, swimming, and have a great visit with my parents.  We haven't all gone to my hometown in a couple of years, so to pack us all up and head out is a bit of an effort.  Hubby's boat  has to come with us, as it's his new purchase this year, and he is more comfort table fishing out his own boat, then borrowing my Dad's.  The small Northwestern Ontario town is surrounded by lakes, with great fishing.


I do love my small hometown, and appreciate it when I finally get a chance to visit.  It was a great place to grow up as a kid, and my kids love to visit and take part in events there as well.

A girl friend's float plane.  My hubby, Dad, Uncle and cousin went on a fly in fishing trip some years ago and had an amazing time, successful fishing and many laughs.
 
 
Blueberries are plentiful in that area.  Filling the freezer is a must to get thru the winter, as store bought blueberries are just not the same.  Blueberry muffins, blueberry pancakes, blueberry cheesecake, blueberry pie, blueberry jam, sheesh blueberry everything, yummmm....
A good ole shore lunch of fresh caught pickerel, fried potatoes and beans are what everyone should have a chance to sample.  My parents live on the lake so coming home and having dinner of the same, is just as yummy.
Enjoying the sunset while relaxing in the evening is a great way to end the day.  Put your feet up and reminisce about what fun things we did and what we will do the next day.  Eye lids are heavy from all the fresh air and excitement, and a great sleep is a guarantee.
Hope everyone is enjoying summer and all it has to offer.
Chat soon

No comments:

Post a Comment